The Blurb:Orphaned at 7, with no memory of her past or the family she lost, 17 year old Skye Martin is tired of being alone and afraid. After a hard night of partying, Skye wakes up alone in an unfamiliar hotel. All she can remember is the deep voice of her rescuer and his promise: “I am safe.”
Xander has been tasked with watching Skye from afar for the past two years, in order to keep her safe from the demons that hunt her. An easy job - until a pair of red glowing eyes reveal themselves to Skye, and Xander, in a moment of weakness, is forced to break his cover to protect her. Never good at trusting people, Skye is inexplicably drawn to Xander and the immediate bond she feels for him. However, Xander is filled with secrets and ties to her past that threaten to thrust Skye into a world she could never imagine existed…
As she begins to unravel the truth about who Xander is and the details surrounding her family, she discovers that she might just be the key to saving everything... And, most importantly, she finds that there has always been someone by her side who would never let her fall…
Never Let You Fall is the fantastic debut novel by Michele G. Miller. This story had so much variety. Do you like Fantasy? It has it. Do you like Paranormal? It has it. Do you like contemporary fiction or do you prefer a more simpler time? It has both. Adventure? It has that too. How about Forbidden Love? It definitely has that. The title is perfect, and I love the cute story behind it. Skye is relatable and lovable right from the start. Xander is irresistable. Through out the story, you are given perspectives from both of them which I really enjoyed. It was easy to get caught up in their lives. There is still so much to learn about the characters and what's going on within their world. They all have secrets. Most seem to have a hidden agenda. It's impossible to know who to trust. As you learn one secret (or think you have), it builds on to something bigger with even more secrets and mystery. Never Let You Fall kept me wanting more and more.
Never Let You Fall by Michele G. Miller was provided to me by the author for review. The opinions are my own.
Guest Post by Michele G. Miller: Top 10 Romantic Quotes
What's beyond Forks? I LOVE this blog name. So many people were really re-awakened to the pleasure of reading by reading the Twilight series. I assume that now that you're done with those fabulous books, and movies, you are seeking more awesomeness?
I hope to share a little awesome with you. I was inspired today to share with you ten of the most romantic quotes from books I could think of or find. I pulled one of my favorites from my own book, Never Let You Fall, for you too. Here we go…
**Disclaimer- I put the book names in bold just in case you haven't read them yet you can see the name. I tried to pick quotes that wouldn't spoil the stories and want to remind you that not all declarations of love are always what they seem ;)
1) "I love you right up to the moon - and back." Sam McBratney's Guess How Much I Love You. Yes this is a kid's book and it is full of so much sweet love. I have read it to all three of my kiddos.
2) "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Who can ever forget Darcy's proposal?
3) "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same." -Emily Brontë's Wuthering Heights. Soul mates, le sigh.
4) “There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” Cassandra Clare's City of Glass. Jace is such a jerk but this was a moment that made my little heart sing! I actually love him and all his jerkiness.
5) "We loved with a love that was more than love." Edgar Allan Poe's Annabell Lee. Love that transcends love? That is deep.
6) “You are my sin and my redemption” Amy A Bartol's Inescapable. Kill. Me. Now. Ahhhh, Reed I love you.
7) "All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love." -Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace. Love makes the world go round people.
8) "I can't live in a world where you don't exist" Stephenie Meyer's New Moon
9) “I was more myself with you during those three days than I’ve ever been with anyone in my life. It’d be easier if I could be fake with you, but you bring out everything in me, little Ann. All of it.” Wendy Higgins' Sweet Peril. I am completely head over heels for bad boy Kaiden Rowe. Occasionally he shows his heart and soul and when he does it melts you.
10) I will throw in my own quote here ;)
Having grown up in both the cold, quiet town of Topsham, Maine and the steamy, southern hospitality of Mobile, Alabama, Michele is something of a enigma. She is an avid Yankees fan, loves New England, being outdoors and misses snow. However she thinks southern boys are hotter, Alabama football is the only REAL football out there and sweet tea is the best thing this side of heaven and her children’s laughter!
Her family, a doting husband and three awesome minions, have planted their roots in the middle of Michele’s two childhood homes in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Never Let You Fall is Michele’s first novel and she is beyond thrilled to have finally followed up on a dream she has held for over 20 years! God willing there will be many many more books to follow.
a Rafflecopter giveaway